2018 80's Flashback!!!!
Saturday, March 3, 2018
Lane Community College
Where is the Auction Gala this year?
The 2018 Auction Gala will be held at Lane Community College's Center for Meeting and Learning, 4000 E. 30th Avenue, Eugene, OR 97405
What should I wear?
Dust off those legwarmers; tease up your hair; come dressed in your 80's best!
Will there be childcare?
Yes! There will be FREE childcare (complete with pizza) available at Oak Hill School during the event. Please contact Cyndy Meno to register: email@example.com or (541)744-0954 ext.111
Will dinner be served?
Yes! A delicious dinner provided by LCC Catering is included in the ticket price. The menu for the evening features:
Butler passed hors d’oeuvres:
Chef's Choice of Canapés in Season.
"Surf and Turf" (ala Filet Mignon and Scampi). Filet w/ Burgundy Reduction.
"Chicken Roulade (ala Cordon Bleu). Stuffed with Dried Apricot, Prosciutto & Jarlsberg Cheese
"Delicata Squash Risotto w/ Caramelized Fennel and Pistachio Garnish (gluten and dairy free)
• Dessert — our usual dessert dash race!
• Coffee and Tea Service included.
• Full cash bar -bidder numbers also accepted
What happens at the auction?
The event begins with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres during a silent auction, followed by a live auction, which includes our “Paddles Up Event," and Dessert Dash (a riotous bidding war over the first choice for dessert).
Why do we hold an auction?
The auction is a highly focused fundraising event. Our community has become familiar with both Oak Hill School and our annual gala auction. Because we have focused our fundraising to a few very selective events, we are not unrelentingly asking our families to donate or spend money on items they may not really want or need (wrapping paper, magazine sales, yard sales, etc.).
What are the goals for the auction?
The current design of the auction serves three goals:
1. Raise Money. Clearly the funds made are considerable and of great benefit to our school community. Raising money must always be the auction’s first goal.
2. Community. The auction serves as an opportunity for Oak Hill parents to come together for an elegant evening out to celebrate our school, the school community and the common interest in the education of our children.
3. Public Relations. Celebrating our school at the auction with the area’s greater community, keeps a strong connection with our non-school family supporters. Many local business people, grandparents and alumni families support us and we invite them all to join us in celebration of Oak Hill School.
Where does the money go?
The money raised at the auction goes first to the school’s general operating fund to allow OHS to keep tuition low and continue to be able to offer tuition aid. Additional funds are budgeted toward program goals and staffing needs, as well as maintenance of our amazing campus.
Who coordinates and organizes the auction?
OHS parent volunteers and the OHS Development Office organize the auction. It truly does take a village; and many, many of our parents and grandparents are involved in orchestrating this very enjoyable affair.
Join us for the Fun!
Oak Hill School
86397 Eldon Schafer Drive
Eugene, OR 97405